Before you can write Chinese with Windows 10 operating system, you have to download the Chinese language pack.
- To install the Chinese language pack, first press the Windows logo + I
- Select “Time & Language”
- Select “Region & language”
- Click “Add a language”
- Select “Chinese Simplified”
- Select Chinese (Simplified, Singapore)
- Under language pack available, click “Option”
- Select “download language pack”
- When completed, there will be a word “ENG” at the bottom, right hand corner, within the task bar. This is for you to switch between English and Chinese language when writing the text in email or Words document – for Chinese using Hanyu Pinyin.