This talk will discuss the ways to Cloud Computing and the advances made in Internet Security and how to surf the Internet safely.
Topic: Cloud Computing and Internet Security
Date: 10th Feb 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 3PM to 5PM
Venue: Bukit Merah Public Library
Course fee: Free (no charge)
Direction: Nearest MRT: Tiong Bahru, exit and turn right, up escalator and take bus number 5 or 16 or 851 to end (Bukit Merah Bus Interchange). About 5 minutes walk to library.
Registration with NLB is required. Registration is normally opened around the last week of Jan 2018.
This procedure is for Apple users using Apple MacOS High Sierra (Version 10.13) Operating System
- Get a USB Flash Drive with capacity 32GB or more.
- Insert the USB drive and go to Disk Utility
- Ensure you highlighted the right (USB) drive and select “Erase”
- Fill in the details as follows:
4.1 Name: HighSierraInstall (no spacing)
4.2 Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
4.3 Scheme: GUID Partition Map
- Once successfully formatted, a “✓ ” will appear.
- Leaving the USB flash drive in the computer, go to the Apps Store and download the “Install MacOS High Sierra” program
- Once the downloading is completed, continue to install the “Install MacOS High Sierra” onto the USB Flash drive
- After completion, you can test the bootable USB Flash Drive as follows:
8.1 Shut down the computer completely
8.2 When switching ON again, permanently hold down the “Option” key until the booting information appears
8.3 You can normalise back your computer by “booting” back from the original hard drive belonging to the computer (not the USB flash drive you have just installed the bootable program
From young during school days, library is like my second home, and still is. Library has come a long way from just going in to borrow a book or go to the reference section and go home.
We can see and feel the great change in the manner how our libraries are operating now. To me, it is like a Community, where patrons are encouraged to get engaged either to attend the variety of activities & events or better still be a volunteer as Friends of the Library to conduct and/or assist in running activities and events the libraries have organised for the general public, young and old.
I am one of the Friends of the Library recently being featured in our local papers. To read more, please go to the web link …